Artist Forum CQ Uni 15.7.17
- Join Norman Miller and other artists in discussion with lawyer Leah Cameron, as they consider Protocols and Respect: “Do artists respect protocols and intellectual property of other tribal groups’ motifs and territory?”
Norman Koori Mail Article for Book Award
- Munganbana Norman Miller travelled to Chicago USA May 2016 to collect an award for his coffee table art book Reef and Rainforest: An Aboriginal Voice Through Art and Story. It is the International Independent Publishers Award (IPPY) in the Multicultural Adult Non-Fiction category.
Pullman Acknowledgement Plaque
- The ACCOR Hotels group wanted a plaque to acknowledge the traditional Aboriginal owners of Cairns, the Gimuy Walubarra Yidinji people. Henrietta Marrie of this tribe presented a photo of their King Ye-i-nie, her forebear, to accompany the plaque. Munganbana Norman Miller, who is of the Tableland Yidinji tribe had the honour of having his painting on the plaque. It is the Dolphin Turtle and Starfish Reef Triptych.
Cairns Indigenous Art Fair 2016
- Munganbana’s art and book were very popular at the Cairns Indigenous Art Fair (CIAF) 2016, a prestigious art exhibition attracting international interest. He is pictured here signing his book with his IPPY Award medal around his neck.
- With the Tabernacle of David band, Munganbana has produced an album where he has written some of the songs, is the lead singer and plays the clapsticks. The album is called Reconciliation and the key song on it is called Reconciliation.
Art on poster for Catholic Education
- Munganbana’s artwork Rain Showers was used on a poster by Catholic Education Services on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families.
The Creative Types article
- The Creative Types article from The Cairns Post features his solo art exhibition at UMI Arts in Cairns in 2015.
From Sorry to Journey of Healing
- Munganbana presented the painting From Sorry to Journey of Healing to former Prime Minister of Australia Kevin Rudd, MP as a thank you for his 13 February 2008 Apology to Indigenous Australians for removing children from their families and putting them in institutions where some were abused.
Listed in Queensland edition of Who’s Who
- Munganbana Norman Miller is listed in the Queensland edition of Who’s Who. The story is covered in “A Life Reconciled” in The Cairns Eye 2008.
Presenting painting to Yad Vashem re Lighthorse charge at Beersheba
- Presenting a painting called Shaping History into Place to Yad Vashem World Holocaust Remembrance Center Israel. It commemorated the Australian Lighthorse charge at the Battle of Beersheba (Beer Sheva) 1917
Oceania Art Prize
- Munganbana won the inaugural Oceania Art Prize in the open section for his painting I Carried My Sons and Daughters
Munganbana Art in Gatherings Contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Art Book
- Munganbana has art in Demozay, Marion (ed.) Gatherings: Contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Art from Queensland Australia. Southport, Qld: Keeaira Press 2001 and his work was in the Gatherings Exhibition 2001 for the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) Brisbane.
Munganbana in Gatherings II Contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Art
- Munganbana has art in Demozay, Marion (ed.) Gatherings II: Contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Art from Queensland Australia. Southport, Qld: Keeaira Press 2006.
Munganbana art in Contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Art.
- Eglitis, Anna, Arone Meeks and Ken Thaiday (eds) Contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Art: Now Days, Early Days – Art Works and Legends Rockhampton, Qld: Central Qld Uni Press 2000.
Munganbana Art in Story Place Indigenous Art of Cape York and the Rainforest
- Munganbana Art in Story Place: Indigenous Art of Cape York and the Rainforest Qld Art Gallery 2003.
Munganbana Art in the Hamburg Museum.
- Munganbana Art in the Hamburg Museum as part of the Contemporary Australian Visions Gallery exhibition.
PLANNING TO VISIT OUR ART GALLERY? LOOK AT THE TIME TABLE FOR THE UPCOMING EXHIBITIONS